Tuesday 20 October 2020

Enamel Again

Once a year it seems, I get an urge to try something new. 

Last year (time flies, even in a ''pandemic'') it was all about collages.
This year - I'm back to my old love - enamel.
I have found a teacher that will help me try out my ideas, and hopefully get some good results.

First project - a revisit of the 'hamsa' I made a long time ago. This time I wanted to make a pair of earrings.
I learned a new method of etching on silver which is less messy and annoying than the way I had previously been taught. The etching went well. The enamelling - not so much. 

But - never let a crisis go to waste! I learned that one can remove bad enamel by soaking the pieces in matting salts. It took two whole weeks (brushing off the etched layer with a glass brush twice a day) but finally - it has all disolved, and I can try again.

The video was taken before the enamelling mishap.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...