Wednesday 21 October 2020

Test Samples for Shades of Grey

 Yesterday, at last, I made test samples for all (18) of my shades of grey enamel.

Grey is one of my favourite colours, and a few years ago, on my first enamel spree, I bought samples of many different shades of grey, as they all (mostly) sounded so beautiful (Mouse Grey?).

They were all fired directly on scraps of sterling silver - just so I could see what kind of colour to expect when I use them.



I did the firing for most of them at 810C, then at 820C for some of the harder shades (ones that have a higher firing temperature).

These were my favourite colours:





And this is Mouse Grey - quite similar to Turquoise Grey... Perhaps a touch warmer.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...