Wednesday 8 July 2009

Hatchards and 'The Troll'







Monday afternoon was spent in one of my favourite places in London - Hatchards Bookshop in Piccadilly. The children's department is small but I still managed to spend a couple of hours there. I did notice that many of the books I used to sell second hand have now been re-issued, about which I have mixed feelings!

Some of those titles include 'The Three Robbers' by Tomi Ungerer (one of my childhood favourites! - I'll write about it one day) 'The Church Mouse' by Grahame Oakley, 'The Ordinary Princess' by Mary Margaret Kaye and lots of books illustrated by John S. Goodall.

I don't often buy new children's books these days, but I couldn't resist 'The Troll' by Julia Donaldson and David Roberts. I have a weakness for trolls, and this book is a fun variation on 'The Three Billy Goats Gruff' but with extra added pirates, and a happy end for all. I love the illustrations, the troll is particularly charming - I think you'll agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...