Tuesday 15 September 2009

New artwork! Unicorn on blue - ACEO size

It's been a long time coming, but today I actually sat down and painted. I have meant to do a unicorn for a long time now, to add to my fantasy creatures - and here it is...
This is the original painting before I scan it in and add the background:














This is the finished piece with the background added in:
















This time I may put up the original for sale as well. It took hours as I paint it actual size - 2.5 x 3.5 inches. I use tiny brushes and a magnifying lamp, and my eyes still go fuzzy every now and again...But - I'm pleased with the result! Now in my Etsy shop as a print.

I can play around with different colour and pattern combinations for hours... but I think this is quite a nice alternative background:














I haven't checked how that one prints yet - it's late and I'll do it tomorrow. If it comes out nice, I'll add it to my shop. I like variations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...