Saturday 5 September 2009

Slovenian illustrator - Marlenka Stupica


Spending way too much time online looking at images from vintage children's books... I discovered another wonderful artist (Slovenian)- I have never seen any of her books but I will certainly look out for them. I found this information about her on one of the sites I visited:

MARLENKA STUPICA, born 1927, has devoted her entire artistic career to illustrating and designing children's books. She has illustrated and designed over 70 story and picture books, including many of Grimm's and Andersen's fairy tales, Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi and Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren. She has won many national and international awards and in 1996 she was also nominated for the Andersen Award.

There don't seem to be many of her books out there to buy, and only a few seem to have been translated into English. Such a shame because they look wonderful. Here is a handful of images found online, if you have any more - please share!


'Winter' image on a stamp


'Winter' image on a postcard


A book I would love to find! Just look at the inside - right up my street:

I found these images on this website.
- - - - - - - -
An last but not least - images I found at this website (If I could only read Japanese):






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...