Tuesday 3 November 2009

Oil Painting - my new/old technique























Today, after a long stretch of not being able to create anything I was happy with, I decided to drag out my oil paints and use those for a change. I used to paint with oil a long time ago (I just can't work with acrylic paints, don't know why) - but they are messy (at least the way I work) and I love gouache.
This painting is the result of my re-acquaintance with my oils, which are much more forgiving than gouache and you can blend the colours and wipe off mistakes! The tree in the picture is the second one - the first was too big - so I just scraped it off! Wonderful! Couldn't do that in gouache and ink!

This will be available in my Etsy shop as a print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...