Thursday 17 February 2011

The Goldsmiths' Company Library in London

I went weak at the knees yesterday when I entered the library at Goldsmiths' - it has thousands of books... dedicated to jewellery! There is only one thing I love more than books, and that is lots of  books :-)

I feel I will be spending some time bonding with them - as I have lots of things I need to research. (Always do) - More details here.



















We went there as part of a school outing to the Assay Office, where jewellery from London, the South East and Ireland is hallmarked - it was really interesting to see how pieces are checked and stamped.
We also saw Jacqueline Mina - Dialogues in Gold at Goldsmiths' Hall - some really lovely and inspiring pieces although I can't find any images of my faves.

But, here's one of the pieces I liked, and here is some more info about the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...