Thursday 2 June 2011

My Daily Offering - Broken Plate Pendant with Bird Painting

My mum gave me a broken plate that used to belong to my great grandfather. He was rather arty too, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind me using the pieces for jewellery...

It's a bit different to the other pottery shard pieces I have been making, the bird painting is charming and I just needed to add a bit of decoration and to balance out the shape. The dangle... well, I quite like the addition of an extra little splash of colour.

All the metal is copper, the chain is handmade by me. I have even used copper bezel strip on this one (I bought it from Etsy - it's really good stuff!) - the dangle is blue chalcedony which I also bought from Etsy...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...