Sunday 5 June 2011

Porcelain Jewellery Course - Lesson 3 - My First Ever Bits of Enamel on Copper!

Although the course was 'Ceramic and Metalwork Jewellery' - our tutor (Melissa Hunt) taught us how to use the kiln, and some very basic enamelling techniques. I deserted everything else, and spent the rest of the day experimenting - I was amazed both at how easy the process is, and how hard it seems to get predictable results...

So here are the pieces - I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing, but it was fun! I fell in love with 'lavender blue' - the only colour that seemed to come out as expected. I will definitely be trying more enamelling, and hopefully - I'll get better!

























The Kiln:


















The coloured enamels:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...