Sunday 31 July 2011

Boot Sale Finds of the Day - Files and a Torino Pewter Cat

It was a lovely morning, and I was already up so I decided to go to the local car boot sale... I came back with a pewter cat trinket box which I couldn't resist, and a collection of old metal files.

After a bit of research on the cat box - whose lid is brooch and a pair of earrings - I found that they were made by Torino, and there are lots of designs in that series - many of which are very cute,such as an owl, cow, unicorn etc'.

Here is my cat - it seems like it's missing a chain and small pendant, but never mind, I still like it.

Torino Cat Trinket Box with Brooch lid and Kitten Stud Earrings

Torino Cat Trinket Box with Brooch lid and Kitten Stud Earrings

 Here are my new/old files. I'll give them a good clean, and I'm sure they will come in handy one day!

The top tool is actually a saw, with the blade nested inside the handle. Quite cool!
Then there are three round files, and a triangular one. £2 for the lot!

Old tools -saw, three round files, triangular file

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...