Sunday 21 August 2011

Time Warp Jewellery Box

I was recently reunited with my jewellery box that I hadn't even remembered existed. I last had it about 16 years ago, and I don't think it had been opened since.

It was really strange to discover all the bits and pieces I used to own, and had completely forgotten about. There were also some pieces I had made myself, all last worn in my early 20s...

I had even made the box myself! It is cardboard, painted black with a teal rim...

Three tiered cardboard jewellery box

The three 'drawers'

The contents - jewellery of another time, another me...

I made the frog earrings, and  to the left are ancient coins and sea glass I found beach combing

This is the only piece I actually remembered, and sometimes wondered where it had ended up...

two handmade silver necklaces, that I will repair and wear again!

I made these two pairs of earrings as well...
The bottom ones are silver which I painted with gouache, then applied crackle glaze. Amazingly it has lasted!

I had three piercings in one ear, and used to wear these two and a little crescent moon in one side, and the other crescent on the other side. Such a hippy :-)




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...