Monday 12 September 2011

Back to School Monday!

School started again today, and we have already been given a project - making three pieces of jewellery (bangle, necklace and ring), using wood, perspex and steel, based on a triangle, a circle and a square. So for example - a round steel pendant, a triangular wooden bangle, a perspex square ring...

I have never worked with wood or perspex, and I have only used steel for tool making, so it will be interesting!

Very different from the things I am working on myself - more pottery shards of course :-)

Here is another photo of the necklace I finished today - this time on a white background:



I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, and silver without oxidising is also starting to grow on me, and is suitable for these particular pieces. I have sorted out parts for a green version and a pink/purple version - those colours are much harder to find but I have enough shards! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...