Wednesday 12 October 2011

Experiments and Mistakes = Earrings

A couple of weeks ago I bought some silver 'pearl' wire (beaded wire) with intentions to experiment.

I was not entirely happy with my first attempt (I was being a bit precious with the wire - it's really expensive here) - although I liked the colour combination, the earring looked rather small and unfinished, and I chipped the pottery shard when I was setting it... so I put it aside:


Yesterday, I was making some copper flower earrings, with a pottery shard in the centre. Oxidised black - I quite like them. Simple but cute.



Then I suddenly thought - what would happen if I combined the flowers with those unfinished bits from last week?



And that's how these earrings came to be:

Silver, pottery shard and coral earrings, oxidised black


And this is what they look like on:



Quite a lot of work, but I'm happy with the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...