This has nothing to do with weddings though. I was back at my bench working today, so I decided to try and make something with some of the Thames glass pieces I found in the summer.
Old - bits of glass found in the Thames
New - the results!
Borrowed - an idea I read online
Blue (and green) - the resulting cabochons
I placed small pieces in my kiln on a piece of mica (the borrowed idea) - and fired them until they seemed to change shape and become roundish. I didn't time myself or note the temperatures, probably because I didn't believe anything would happen - but it did!
I'm thrilled with the results, because I love sea glass - but the Thames glass is too sharp to use. This treatment makes it usable, and the cabochons will go nicely with the pottery shards, and continue my 'Thames' theme.
I will be making more of these (if I can remember how).