Thursday 5 January 2012

Hallmarked!

My first hallmarked pieces were ready today! All my items passed the metal purity test, which I'm pleased about because I have been recycling my silver so it's good to know I have done it all correctly.

However, I was slightly disappointed because the marks are pretty much invisible to the naked eye. They are half a millimetre tall, so I shouldn't be surprised, but I thought they would be a bit more noticeable. Also - they had hallmarked the earrings on the ear wires, not on the backs of the dangles!

You can choose where the marks are to be done, but since this was my first batch, I thought I would trust their expertise. Next time I will be more specific. Live and learn.

So here is proof:

Hallmarked pendant - very close up view

Hallmarked ear wire! Seriously tiny!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, your work passed the test, very exciting.
    Half a millimetre that's tiny.....

    Love your work,

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tania, that is tiny, but it is there. It is weird that they stamped the ear wire and not the dangle though. It is so cool that your work has been hallmarked.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...