Sunday 22 January 2012

Royal Manuscripts: The Genius of Illumination

I have always loved medieval manuscripts, so today I visited the exhibition at the British Library - Royal Manuscripts: The Genius of Illumination. Quite amazing really. What I really love are the tiny little details painted in the borders.

I recommend it if you are in the London area! Some of the books appeared in the BBC Four series: Illuminations: The Private Lives of Medieval Kings and it was great to see them in 'person'. I only wish I could have been closer, and able to turn the pages...

Inside the British Library

Outside the British Library

It looks like a fairytale castle, but it's St. Pancras Station,
 as seen from the British Library - beautiful!

I had to wander round to find a slightly better view - click for a larger image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...