Wednesday 31 July 2019

A New Challenge


Since I haven't posted for a long while, I think that probably most people don't read this blog anymore. This is actually good because I have decided to do something a bit different - go back to my roots and make some 2-D art again. Using colours and paint and everything!
I haven't made any art (apart from jewellery) for years and years, but have always meant to go back to it at some point. I crave colour.

I am very self concious and nervous about this, as this is all so new, but here goes:

Since I can't draw very well but am quite happy with colours and shapes, I decided that the best medium for this experiment would be collage. I will paint and print the papers myself. At least most of them - I will allow myself to use found paper as well.

The aim is to make a piece every day for 100 days, to practice, learn, try new techniques, and hopefully come up with some results that I am happy with.

I had a deadline to get me started - to enter a piece of work into a charity exhibition.

Here was my very first in the world ever collage:


Baloon Day


Did it, delivered it on time, the process begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...