Friday 13 September 2019

Collage a Day - Day 57/100

Today I visited Bateman's - The house that Rudyard Kipling lived in.
Everything about it was beautiful. And the weather was perfect too.

The leather panelling in the dining room inspired this collage - and it's the first time I've tried using a gold background.
I discovered that I can make nice, not too shiny gold paper - oh the possibilites!




The panelling had texture so I tried that too - it catches the light nicely although I'll probably need to take a better picture in the daytime.
Didn't have too much time to spend on this, as I was driving for hours, but I had to get it done.

Here is a sample piece of the original panel - it covered one entire wall:










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...