Saturday 7 November 2020

Second Cloisonne

 Since I had some colours already washed and prepared, I decided to do another cloisonne with them, but in a different pattern.

Then I decided to try and give both a satin finish, which caused some problems. 

I had to refire the first one a few more times, which caused some banding in the reds (probably overfired).

I did manage to get a lovely tactile satin finish on both, but at the cost of transparency - not sure that's a good thing.




The one of the left is my second attempt. I learned that using clear underneath grey isn't good, when I stoned down the enamel I was left with a bit of a cloudy mess where the layers were uneven. 

I might not do much more cloisonne, I prefer champleve and basse taille.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...