Thursday 17 September 2009

Honor Appleton - Josephine Goes Travelling

























Just the other day I was browsing 'The Visual Telling of Stories', and found an amusing mention of Honor Appleton and her apparently 'smutty wit'...
Well today I managed to pick up one of her books (alas, not that one) in a local bookshop. I won't tell you how much I paid for it, but I think I got myself quite a bargain!
There are 8 colour plates and lots of line drawings, here are my favourites:






















 
 
This is my absolute favourite... just look how she drew the water!

I couldn't find anything untoward in these pictures, although maybe I didn't look hard enough :-)

As to the story itself - I haven't read it yet, but I'll keep you posted!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...