Sunday 11 October 2009

Postal Strike forces me contemplate my future... aaaagghhhh!























Being in the mail order business when there are postal strikes on every week, and threats of mountains of mail that will have to be destroyed... is not fun, to say the least. I have worked very hard building up my Ebay bookshop, which also sells Lego minifigs. Now I am starting to get complaints about items not arriving, sometimes even replacement items not turning up - so I have decided to close my shop until further notice. It's not worth the stress - and my profit margins are not very high anyway. Technically I am now unemployed. Hopefully just a temporary arrangement...

I now have to decide what to do with the rest of my life, or at least until a normal reliable postal system is back in place.

I have a few ideas, we shall see!
In the meantime, here is a lovely picture from one of my vintage books! (illustrated by Joyce Mercer, from 'The Children's Golden Treasure Book for 1938")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...