Sunday 21 November 2010

Working with copper is so very liberating!

It's very hard to experiment with metal clay, because mistakes are so expensive. I am really enjoying working in copper, because I can try out designs and rework them until I am happy, and not worry about the waste.

These are some copper flowers (and a spinner ring) I made recently. Sorry, - I'm back to bad photography (it's too late at night to get out the light tent) these were just taken on my table with a table light and no tripod or anything. Camera shake...

All the flowers will eventually become earrings, they are not quite finished yet and I wrecked the partner of the beaded one at the bottom (managed to fuse the glass bead to the copper, which looked quite nice but shattered).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...