Monday 14 March 2011

Quite a productive day really...

A while ago I posted about the jewellery library at the Goldsmiths' Company.
Well, I went there today to do some research into chain making and Art Deco. I emailed for an appointment, and when I got there the lovely, helpful librarian had  prepared a pile of relevant books and articles for me to read.
Heaven.
It's so quiet in there, you can just hear the clock ticking, even though it's right in the City of London.
I stayed for hours, made tons of sketches and got some really useful images.

It's a lovely place to work, and I will go back often.

Before I went in, I had a wander round the area, and found this delightful gilded tiger on an ironwork gate:

















The only downside to the day was that when I got home I had to pack all of my weekend sales, which has taken me until now. I'm exhausted, and there's school tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it a shame they have to put a big modern building behind such a nice gate?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...