Monday 25 July 2011

Art In Action at Waterperry Gardens

Art in Action is an event, in which you can see artists and crafts people at work on their pieces, speak to them, ask them questions, and generally make a nuisance of yourself.

It's held in Waterperry Gardens in Oxfordshire, and basically there are huge tents, each dedicated to a different art form, the artists are inside exhibiting and demonstrating their work.

Printmaking, illustration and calligraphy, ceramics, jewellery and metalwork, sculpture, drawing, painting, woodwork, international arts - those are just the ones I remember. There might have been more...

It was AMAZING! I loved it. At first I was a bit too shy to ask any questions, but that's what they are there for (obviously for the purpose of selling their work) - so I did ask about techniques and materials, and everyone was helpful and happy to share information. I was really impressed by that!

The printmaking was really exciting. It's something which I last did long ago in art school - it made me want to make prints again. Especially lino cutting. Perhaps I'll have a go.

I also loved the jewellery by Barbara Christie, which I had never seen before. I would love to take one of her courses one day...

I'll definitely be going again next year! If you go - I would suggest you take a picnic with you!

The websites:
Art In Action
Sarah Morpeth
David Cooke
Newlyn Forge
Barbara Christie
My Flickr set

Sarah Morpeth - Papercutting Artist and Illustrator

David Cooke - Sculptor

Selection of ironwork samples by Newlyn Forge

Samples and dies by Barbara Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...