Tuesday 30 August 2011

Yesterday's Star Finds

So I've washed and sorted out yesterday's pottery finds. They can be quite mucky when they come out of the water, sometimes stained as well, but I have found that if I soak them overnight in a mild solution of safety pickle, most of the stains come off, and it leaves them nice and clean.

I don't soak the medieval pieces though as I don't want to damage them. Those are just put through the dishwasher :-)

95% of the pieces are blue, many of them variations of the Willow Pattern. Nice of course, but my favourites are the rarer pieces:

























Now I need to get busy working on them!

I'm saving up all the pieces with writing to make a bracelet...

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh can't wait to see the bracelet. i love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds Tania, I makes me want to go on a treasure hunt to see what I might find.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...