Saturday 24 September 2011

Ceramics in the City at the Geffrye Museum

I have always loved The Geffrye Museum, and today especially, as they have a three day ceramics fair there:

http://www.geffrye-museum.org.uk/whatson/special/

I had already seen a few of the exhibitors at 'Art in Clay' in August, but there were a few exhibitors that were new to me. My favourite was Yo Thom, who does... stripes (I'm a fan of striped ceramics) - here work is very beautiful and she kindly allowed me to photograph her stand.

Have a look close up (it's a very large image) so you can see the pieces.

Yo Thom Ceramics at the Geffrye Museum

Her work is featured in and on the cover of a ceramics book by John Mathieson 'Techniques Using Slips':


Her website is here: www.yothom.com

Here are some other images from today:

This spider and I had lunch together in the herb garden of the Geffrye Museum

Bug from the water fountain in the herb garden of the Geffrye Museum

Bug from the water fountain in the herb garden of the Geffrye Museum
Since I was in town, 'pottery sharding' was inevitable....

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that pottery - too bad I am several thousand miles away!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...