Thursday 22 September 2011

Spitalfields Treasures

I'll do a proper post about Origin Craft Fair a bit later on, once I have processed all the postcards I collected. Meanwhile I'd like to share the lovely treasures I found in Spitalfields Antique Market, just round the corner from where the Origin Exhibition is being held.

I haven't been to those stalls since 2007, and they are still full of lovely quirky stuff - I just wish I had had more money to spend!

click to enlarge

In the first row - some vintage blue glass buttons, the second row - vintage German hand made doll glass eyes (I would have bought the whole lot of those if I could - each one is different!), and the bottom row - two carved mother of pearl angel heads with wings.
One of these days these pieces will feature in some jewellery :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...