Currently working on the next batch... However I did continue fiddling with the first batch, just to see if any of the brooches could be saved. I had some luck with the red brooch, which looks quite different now:
I did re-fire it to reglaze it, and added another layer of light blue (not that apparent). The red did burn out a bit, but I quite like that effect in this instance, and I have decided not to oxidize the copper this time. So - not quite the original:
But I'll probably still wear it. It has it's charm.
The next batch is being done on much thicker copper, and I'm waiting for a much deeper etch...