Thursday 12 April 2012

Repetitive Work...

I have been working on this same necklace (with the chickens) for what seems like ages. Much more work than I had imagined, but I am making slow progress. Today I have been sawing tube into beads, and making and soldering jump rings. I will need 144 tube beads, and 96 jump rings, and have been slowly adding to my piles.

As I work, I'm listening to podcasts of Desert Island Discs, and so far have covered Brian Cox, Nick Park, and Howard Jacobson. Luckily - there are loads more episodes... I have Danny Baker and Kath Kidston lined up, hopefully sawing and polishing tiny pieces of tube will be done after that...


Well, Martin Clunes and Tony Robinson later, all the beads were made, and I had even started setting the pottery shards at last. I need to finish the necklace over the weekend, so I have at least one of my pieces for New Designers ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...