Thursday 20 December 2012

Back to the River

For the first time in ages, I had a chance today to go and do some mudlarking.
It was raining, and I spent three glorious hours with the foreshore completely to myself. Not another soul. It was bliss!

At first I didn't find much, but after about two hours, just as I was about to leave, I suddenly starting finding some interesting pieces - I think that's how long it took my eyes to adjust to spotting the shards.

I'll post my finds tomorrow as they have to be cleaned and it's too dark to take photos anyway, but I did take a panorama shot - click to see it much bigger.



So that's it - London in the rain. On the left you can see the Shard building, the tower in the middle is the Tate Modern, a glimpse of Shakespear's  Globe Theatre between the two (white with thatched roof).
Oh, and the Millennium Bridge of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...