Wednesday 8 June 2011

School Trip: Designer Jewellers Group at the Barbican

Today we were taken to see a jewellery exhibition at the Barbican Centre, as part of London Jewellery Week.




















I recognised a few of the jewellers from previous exhibitions, and was delighted to see more work by one of my favourites - Sarah Parker-Eaton, whose work I first saw at the Goldsmiths' exhibition last year.
Her and Daphne Krinos are my favourite current designers, quite different in style but they both use black metal which I love.

I took 130 photos (there were only 3 cabinets, I just got a bit carried away), and it will take me ages to process them all but eventually I'll put them up on Flickr. In the meantime, here are some of the pieces by Sarah Parker-Eaton, who was a guest exhibitor. She is inspired by plankton :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...