Sunday 14 August 2011

A Grand Day with Frogster and Friends by Orit Bergman


A friend of mine gave me a copy of her children's current favourite book. It was written and illustrated by Orit Bergman (who was a year above me at art school, many years ago).
The story is about a boy who is distracted from his routine activities by various creatures he has invented, that are each a combination of two animals.

The story is very sweet, and the illustrations are amazing. I really love the creatures, the colours, the compositions... everything!

I don't think there is an English version yet, as it's quite a new book, but I'm sure there will be. In the meantime you can see all the illustrations from the book (and many others) on Orit Bergman's website here

Here are my favourite pages/creatures...


The "Frogster' - Frog and Rooster - click for larger image

Crocoducks - click for larger image

Newtcat? click for a larger image
Night time dance with all the creatures - click for a larger image


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...