Saturday 26 October 2013

The Cheapside Hoard

This week I took an afternoon off to visit the Cheapside Hoard exhibition at the Museum of London.
The exhibition is well worth visiting - although the lighting is dim in order to preserve the jewels. To be fair they do have magnifying glasses there that help a little - but most of the pieces are quite small and hard to see. I should have taken my optivisor :-)

My main items of interest were the breathtaking enamel chains - just amazing.

Photography wasn't allowed so this is a picture I found on the web.


The bezel set rings were also particularly beautiful, and look quite contemporary.


Here is a link to a really good article about the collection on the GIA website, including lots of informative videos:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...