Friday 20 November 2020

Second Attempt at Spiral Earring

 This time I soldered on a sterling silver edge as I don't have any fine silver handy. I just wanted to see if I could get the wires to stay in place this time, and have another go. I also soldered on earwires but lower down so they don't get in the way when I grind down the enamel.

I didn't do a layer of clear first, just put the wires straight in and started filling the cells. Probably not the correct way of going about things but - it worked ok. I used quite thick fine silver wire (not cloisonne wire) as I like the look of the metal against the glass. 

However in this case I think t he spiral was too tight, and gets in the way of the blending of the colours. So I didn't do the second earring - I will reduce the spiral and try it that way maybe tomorrow. 

I didn't counter enamel this one yet either, and I suspect this is why there is some cracking in the enamel.

More work to be done on this then, I'll take photos after as well to see how another firing has changed the colours, and maybe fixed the cracking.

I only did three colours in this one. One the first pair I used about five different colours that I had lying around, but they got used up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...